Based in London, UK
PC - 23/02/2017
Android/iOS - 25/01/2018
Pilfer from poets, bargain with bishops and serenade the local simpleton on your hapless quest for absolution. Four Last Things is a point-and-click adventure game made from Renaissance-era paintings. It's kind of like if Monkey Island had been made in 16th century Flanders by a time-travelling Monty Python fanboy.
Four Last Things started out as a submission for Game Jolt's Adventure Jam 2016. The prototype received a Judges Pick and was voted Best Game Overall in the public vote. I then went on to run a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the full game. The prototype was also shown at last years AdventureX in London, and has featured in a number of terrible dreams I had recently where my life falls apart around me. Since the Kickstarter project ended I have been working on Four Last Things, all alone (sad face), pretty much full-time. I'm flipping out right now.
- Pointing and Clicking
- Renaissance Artwork
- Classical Music
- Sinful Behavior
- Detailed, Interactive Game World
- Simple Visual Interface
- Moments of Surprising Profundity
iOS Trailer YouTube
PC Trailer YouTube
Beta Gameplay - Pride YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Four Last Things. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Adventure Jam Judges Pick" Game Jolt, May, 2016
- "Official Selection" Leftfield Collection @EGX Rezzed, March, 2017
- "Best Art - Nominee" BIG Festival, June, 2017
- "About as good a setup for an adventure game as I can imagine, and Joe's funny script lives up to that premise."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "It’s a short, silly and fantastic looking point and click adventure, packed with great humor and great artwork. It really is a joy exploring the world of Four Last Thing"
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "I’m so tickled with this game, I cannot even express it properly. The sense of humor matches the Monty Python inspired artwork - it’s dry, blunt, intelligent, yet crude. "
- Heather Johnson, OP Noobs
Four Last Things Prototype
Available for free from gamejolt.com.
About Joe Richardson
Hello my name's Joe Richardson. I make small logic-driven worlds because the overwhelming chaotic disgusting beautiful unfathomable mess of the real world scares the shit out of me. I call my worlds games and you can play with them and you might have fun. Wouldn't that be nice?
More information on Joe Richardson, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Four Last Things Credits
Game Design, cutting and pasting, Writing, Marketing, Pizza